Sunday, May 13, 2012

Summer Cottage...

The Summer Cottage
This Saturday I was invited to my first Summer Cottage so far. Most Finnish people have a summer cottage where they visit regularly during summer times. Summer cottages are usually on the lake and are a place to just relax, sauna and swim. 
This time I went with the Salminen family to help them clean and get it ready for summer. By cleaning I mean raking all the leaves up and digging up rocks from the ground to make the ground more even to walk on. I tried elk for the first time for lunch as we had elk soup. It was really nice! Then we had smoked fish for dinner with Finnish sausage, and potato salad. Was delicious :D It was a wonderful day visiting the cottage with them and to Finnish the day off what better way than with a sauna!!! 


10 weeks old

The smoked fish we had for dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment